Businesses both large and small are at constant risk of a network security breach. Productive Business Solutions in Barbados has been helping companies in Central America and the Caribbean find the right solutions for their network security. Here are some of the tips they recommend to keep your network secure.
- Upgrade your operating system to a 64-bit version. The larger bit version of an operating system is harder for people to compromise.
- Minimize the use of administrator accounts. For windows machines, the first account that gets setup is the administrator account. However, often times users continue to use this particular account for their everyday activities. This leaves your network open to a myriad of threats you encounter when using email and the Internet.
- Use full disk encryption on laptops. Full disk encryption gives you an added layer of protection in case your laptop is stolen or lost. Full disk encryption secures all the folders on your system, including your operating system.
- Keep your programs up-to-date. When your third party programs prompt you to update them, take the time to do the update. If they don’t, manually check for updates from time to time. Many times these updates contain critical security patches for your system.
- Use strong passwords. All office devices from network devices to NAS drives to printers should have a strong password that contains eight characters, mixed with upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
When it comes to your company’s data, you can’t be too secure. For more information about how to tighten your company’s system security, contact a reliable service like Productive Business Solutions in Barbados.